There are student observers on both the Executive and Conference Committees; their role is to inform the committees of current student ideas and issues – who knows students better than other students!
- BAPO organisational structure
- How the association represents the professions
- Types of events that are organised by BAPO
- Benefits of membership
There are many benefits to being a BAPO student, some of these include:
- Reduced rate of membership – Currently we offer Students a discounted rate for membership
- Reduced rates to BAPO events including conference & short courses – courses are currently £50 for BAPO students (T&C’s apply)
- Eligibility to apply to become a Steward at BAPO conference (normally includes free conference registration for the conference weekend)
- Free upgrade to Full Member (Graduate) for remainder of year following graduation and access to a reduced graduate rate
Click here for a full list of Student Member Benefits: Student Associate Member Benefits
Upon graduation, we upgrade Student members to New Graduate status for no extra charge; this is the equivalent of Full Membership and includes all benefits such as insurance cover until 31st December of their graduation year.
Graduate members are then offered 50% discount on the Full membership rate for the next full year. We also offer the option of purchasing Private Practice Insurance at an extra cost for the appropriate supplement as with Full Members.
Click here for a full list of Graduate membership benefits: Graduate Member Benefits